VP of Marketing
Lexion is a fast growing AI-first startup that is changing the game for how companies track and manage key business documents in the enterprise and companies of all sizes. We use best in class natural language processing technologies to make it 100x easier for lawyers and other corporate leaders to find the information they need in their contracts fast. Our solution is also incredibly intuitive and simple to implement.
We are a spinout of Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen’s artificial intelligence research institute (AI2) and we’re backed by the same venture capital firm that helped launch Amazon (Madrona Venture Group). We’re also backed by one of the best law firms, Wilson Sonsini. With a top notch and experienced team from Microsoft, Facebook, Google, AI2, and Amazon, we built a company that CB Insights ranked the #1 most promising artificial intelligence legal tech startup in the world two years in a row (2020, 2021). Most importantly, fantastic brands trust Lexion to manage contracts: Outreach, OfferUp, Brooks Running, Blue Nile, and many more.
About the role:
- Oversee and execute strategy on company marketing initiatives that contribute to our high growth goals, including demand generation, customer acquisition, marketing operations, lifecycle marketing, customer insights, product marketing, content, events, social media, PR, branding, communications, and more. Set, own, and deliver key quarterly marketing metrics.
- Work closely with Sales and Business Development leaders, develop and refine effective GTM approaches for different customer segments.
- Scale our product marketing team, bringing deep customer and market insights into our product development process and enabling our GTM efforts with new product feature announcements, launches, and sales/marketing collateral.
- Attract and hire exceptional marketing team members. Motivate, mentor, and develop the existing team and develop a long term plan for the organization’s evolution and growth.
- Lead the team in annual and quarterly planning and report on marketing initiatives’ performance with a focus on ROI, revenue growth, and pipeline growth.
- Advance our data-centric approach across the entire customer journey and use data to improve future marketing campaigns, product development, and results.
Qualities we look for:
- 10+ years experience in B2B SaaS marketing with a widespread knowledge of the full marketing stack, and in-depth knowledge of both SMB and enterprise/partner marketing tactics.
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role, building and managing a marketing organization with superior ability to recruit, retain, and motivate our existing team and future talent.
- Clear experience and results crafting strategic marketing plans that support Lexion’s vision and goals.
- Experienced professional in B2B digital marketing, marketing automation, lead conversion, nurturing programs, and ABM.
- Experienced professional in demand-generation programs through technology, data, and process, including proficiency with marketing automation and CRM systems (such as, Hubspot and Outreach).
- Experienced professional in marketing metrics, KPIs, instrumenting, and communicating results.
- Prior experience executing a short and long term go-to-market strategy at a high-growth company that has scaled to $100M in revenue and beyond.
- Superior communication skills – ability to prioritize and efficiently and transparently communicate marketing goals and results at a team, executive, and company level.
- A demonstrated history of being a team player, and desire to jump in and get your hands dirty as needed.